Las Vegas is popularly known as just Vegas or officially as the City of Las Vegas is a city in Nevada and is an internationally famous tourist destination. Due to its vast gambling popularity and adult nightlife, it also goes by the name of Sin City. It is primarily renowned for nightlife, entertainment, gambling, and shopping. The city is a part of the Las Vegas valley and is a cultural, commercial, and financial hub of Nevada.
It is world-famous for gambling activities at its luxurious casino hotels, which are among the world’s very best. Having the best tourist infrastructure around it, it is also a popular setting for conventions, global events, corporate functions, music videos, cinema, television, and various other performing arts. The city itself just has over 650,000 residents, while it handles a tourist inflow of around 40 million. That should give you an idea of how popular this destination is and how carefully you must plan to avoid the rush.
When is the right time to visit Las Vegas?
Apart from the huge tourist numbers for just a city, it is also important that you choose the right time to visit Vegas because it’s a really expensive location. Las Vegas is a popular tourist destination all year round. Therefore, you would be sure to break the bank until and unless you choose the right time of the year, month, and down to the week your planning to stay in Vegas. Even for a non-budget traveler, things like accommodation, airfares, city tours, restaurants, attractions need to be carefully planned out to make the most of your time and within the minimum budget. Unless you are into gambling in a big way, Vegas is mostly a seasonal city to travel to. During the peak tourist season or during times of some important activity in the city, the hotel rates can go as high as 5-10 times their usual low season prices.
So it’s a very important decision for every traveler to make first. And it’s about deciding which of these three factors is more important
- If you travel for the unparalleled entertainment available in Vegas
- You value good weather over everything else.
- If you are a budget traveler.
These factors will become more apparent as we discuss this further. But let’s start with the tourist seasons in Vegas first.
Not surprisingly, the peak season is limited to good weather conditions, like 90% of the tourist places on earth. Las Vegas is different. Here, the peak season is during the good weather, on weekends, especially when there is a major event. Prices spiral upwards suddenly. So you would be paying $200 for hotel accommodation over the weekend, and chances are it will drop down to half that rate on a Monday. But there is an important event happening on Friday. So the prices will start to spiral at $400-500 during the week itself just because of the event. That’s how crazy it can get if you do not plan right.
· Talking about the travel seasons, the months January through April and the month of October are peak season times. Avoid them at any cost unless you are a millionaire, and then it does not matter. Tourism picks up from January and is the best during the NCAA Basketball Tournament, during which the tourist crowd swells. Even in the spring and autumn seasons, there are scores of tourists who come looking for that pleasant sunny weather when outdoors can be enjoyed. Nevada and especially Las Vegas can get unbearably hot with temperatures soaring above 40 degrees Celsius during the other times of the year.
· Overall, there is no clear demarcation of the high and the low tourist seasons. The low season becomes high season if there is an event happening, major tradeshows, or even holidays. So you would have to be careful during Memorial Day weekend, Labor Day weekend, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve when the accommodation and tours may not be available or will be extremely expensive.
This season lasts from May to June and the months of September and November. These are the months when the tourist activity is not at its peak, allowing you to easily pick up deals and discounts at hotels, restaurants, tours, and activities. Even the weather is moderate and highly tolerable. Vegas sees an increase in tourist activity only past the shoulder season when the Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas, and finally New Year’s Eve build some tourist action, and their numbers increase.
The low season extends from July to August primarily due to the brutally high temperatures, which are unbearable and makes treading outside in the open sun almost impossible. But there are still a lot of tourists who have nothing to do with the sun and outdoors. They visit only for gambling or other events. However, if you are visiting as a regular tourist during these times, expect significantly fewer tourists, attractive discounts, short queues, and cheap accommodation, especially during weekdays. You should be ready to spend day time indoors unless you are really adventurous to brave it all and only tread outside in late evenings, nights, and early mornings.
Best time to visit to enjoy good weather
For nice and pleasant weather, aim for the spring and fall seasons when the daytime temperatures are bearable (but not too hot) and the nights are pleasantly cold as well. The best weather will be in winters, but due to the soaring prices for accommodation and everything else, they are better skipped.
Best time of the year for bargains
Peak summers are the best time to go bargain hunting, and you will find several deals. The soaring temperatures keep normal tourists away, and businesses are more than ready to drop prices in order to lure customers and keep the business going during the low season. Nevertheless, you will also find a lot of deals and discounts in the week or two preceding Christmas. So keep an eye out for that perfect deal and be ready to grab it before the offer expires.
Best time to book a hotel
Rather than booking a hotel room, always try and reserve one 3-4 months in advance, which has a zero penalty on cancellation. Then keep looking for discounts and offers. Usually, hotel rooms are the cheapest during weekdays, from Tuesdays to Thursdays, irrespective of the time of the year or the tourist season. If you find a good one, just cancel the earlier reservation.
Best time for cheap airfares
Besides the off-peak season and holidays, you will find cheap airfares during the weekdays and after events. Avoid all the traditional peak seasons and festivals and look out for the months from January to April and September to November.
Best time to avoid the crowds
Contrary to popular belief, you will find light crowds during the peak season too. When the school is in session post-summer, there will be fewer people traveling to Vegas. In the same way, there will be fewer tourists in the late winter/ spring after all the holiday events cease.
We believe that holidays are best if you can enjoy some local and cultural events too. Being a tourist spot, there are several high-profile events taking place every month. Right from sporting events to food and drink festivals and right down to performances, there is a lot happening in Vegas all year round. So we have made a complete list of all events and performances to watch out for. But do check the local events calendar to confirm the same also for additional events that may come up.
- New Year’s Day
- Veganuary – Going vegan for January
- International Consumer Electronics Show
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade
- Adult Entertainment Expo
- Hot Air Balloon Festival
- Chinese New Year
- Dam Short Festival in Boulder City
- Vegas Shoot – Indoor archery tournament
- Valentine’s Day
- Black History Month Festival –
- Dayclub Season
- NASCAR Cup Series
- March Madness – NCAA College Basketball Tournament
- Boulder City Beer Festival
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Vegas ToyCon
- Nightclub & Bar Show
- Academy of Country Music Awards
- City of Lights Jazz Festival
- Great Vegas Festival of Beer
- Evolution – Wine-tasting festival
- Cinco de Mayo – Commemorates Mexico’s win in the Battle of Puebla
- Fremont Street Experience Concerts
- Vegas UnStripped – Culinary event/ Food festival
- Electric Daisy Carnival – Electronic dance music party
- World Series of Poker
- Punk Rock Bowling
- Exodus Music Festival
- Universal Whisky Experience
- Reggae in the Desert
- Restaurant Week
- Vegas Fringe Theater Festival
- Fourth of July Fireworks
- Las Vegas Tribute Festival
- NBA Summer League
- Big Dog’s Summer Beer Fest
- Vegas Tejano Music Week
- Psycho Las Vegas- Heavy metal music festival
- DEF CON – The world’s largest annual hacker convention
- MAGIC – A fashion marketplace
- iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Haute Cuisine – Annual food and wine tasting festival
- Life Is Beautiful – Annual music, culinary, art, and learning festival
- Motor Trend International Auto Show
- Vegas Golden Knights
- Vegas Pride – LGBTQ festival
- Las Vegas Food & Wine Festival
- RiSE Festival – Lantern festival
- Helldorado Days
- Greek Food Festival
- Age of Chivalry Renaissance Festival
- USA Today Food & Wine Experience
- Downtown Brew Festival
- Professional Bull Riders Championships
- Vegas Valley Comic Book Festival
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon
- DSOSN Festival of Trees and Lights
- Ethel M Holiday Cactus Garden
- Nevada International Film Festival
- National Finals Rodeo
- Cowboy Christmas
- Glittering Lights
- Cosmopolitan Ice Rink
- New Year’s Eve
- No matter when you plan to go to Vegas, just ensure to visit only mid-week as these are the days when accommodation prices are at the lowest. Being a favorite weekend destination, prices will tend to drop off significantly from Tuesday to Thursday.
- Nevada is like a dessert, and just like dessert climates, the winter nights can get quite chilly as temperatures drop off significantly in the evenings and night. Winter temperatures can drop to about 3 degrees Celsius in the night from 20 degrees Celsius in the daytime. So study the temperature charts well, read the forecast before traveling, and pack all the necessary weather protection.
- Do check the city’s event calendar for the month you are traveling to understand the conventions, events, performances that are happening. These events can increase prices, but the days preceding and after the events will find you cheap rates.
Vegas is an exciting place to travel and enjoy, provided you have planned it right. This is a city that never sleeps and will never fail to impress you. There are just so many things to see and do that you will never run out of activities. And the first step is to understand your needs as a traveler. Like we discussed, you have to figure out if the weather, budget, or events is what you are looking for. Overall it is a great happening place where you will have a lot of fun and be left stunned by the beauty. I hope this information helps you plan out your travel. Cheers, and I wish you happy travels!
Undeniably imagine that which you said. Your favorite
justification seemed to be on the internet the simplest factor to take into accout of.
I say to you, I definitely get annoyed at the same time
as folks consider worries that they just don’t realize about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top as smartly as defined out the entire thing without having side effect , other
folks could take a signal. Will probably be again to get more.
It’s in point of fact a great and useful piece of information. I’m happy that you
simply shared this useful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this.
Thank you for sharing.
It’s wonderful that you are getting thoughts from this post as well as from
our discussion made at this place.
It’s amazing to pay a quick visit this web page and
reading the views of all friends concerning this piece of writing, while I am also zealous of
Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.
You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the most useful websites
on the internet. I’m going to recommend this website!
Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after reading through some
of the post I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely delighted
I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back often!
Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to the whole thing.
Do you have any tips and hints for rookie blog writers?
I’d certainly appreciate it.
Hey there superb blog! Does running a blog like this
require a lot of work? I have no knowledge of computer programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog
in the near future. Anyways, if you have any ideas or tips
for new blog owners please share. I know this is off
subject but I just wanted to ask. Thanks a lot!
If you desire to grow your familiarity simply keep visiting this
website and be updated with the hottest information posted here.
quest bars http://bitly.com/3jZgEA2 quest bars
Greetings from California! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break.
I love the knowledge you present here and can’t wait to take a
look when I get home. I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile ..
I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, great site!
cheap flights http://1704milesapart.tumblr.com/ cheap flights
It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate
to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for
bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this
website with my Facebook group. Chat soon! scoliosis surgery https://0401mm.tumblr.com/ scoliosis surgery
Very good article. I am dealing with many of these issues as well..
asmr https://app.gumroad.com/asmr2021/p/best-asmr-online asmr
I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your site?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one
or two pictures. Maybe you could space it out better? quest bars https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=quest%20bars quest bars
all the time i used to read smaller content that as well clear their motive, and that is also happening with this article which I am reading here.
scoliosis surgery https://coub.com/stories/962966-scoliosis-surgery scoliosis surgery
hey there and thank you for your info – I have certainly picked
up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical points using this site, since I
experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it
to load properly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK?
Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect
your placement in google and could damage your quality
score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I
am adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much more of
your respective fascinating content. Make sure you update this again very soon. ps4 https://bitly.com/3z5HwTp ps4 games
Everything composed made a bunch of sense.
But, what about this? what if you were to create a awesome post title?
I ain’t suggesting your information is not good, however suppose you added a title that grabbed people’s attention? I mean Best time to visit Las Vegas
| Wander & Wish is a little vanilla. You might glance
at Yahoo’s front page and watch how they create news headlines to get viewers
interested. You might add a video or a related picture or two to get people interested about
everything’ve got to say. Just my opinion, it might bring your website a little livelier.
part time jobs hired in 30 minutes https://parttimejobshiredin30minutes.wildapricot.org/
Hello there, I discovered your blog by the use of Google while searching for a similar topic, your web site came up, it seems great.
I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hi there, simply became alert to your blog via Google, and located that it’s truly
informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate when you proceed this in future.
Many other people shall be benefited from your writing.
You actually make it seem so easy together with your presentation but I to find this topic to be actually one thing which I believe I
might never understand. It sort of feels too complex and extremely broad for me.
I’m taking a look forward in your next submit, I’ll try to get the dangle of it!
I am really grateful to the holder of this web page who has shared this impressive piece of writing at here.
Hello! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if
that would be ok. I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.